The third and most recent trip was to Christchurch's International Antarctic Centre. There we learned a number of things, including how close we really are to antarctica. In fact, a relatively large portion of the entire center is the base for the United States Antarctic Program. There were several large exhibits regarding the brutally cold temperatures there, the explorers who had been there (as early as 1820!), the climate changes there, but really we were there to see the penguins.
Ryan got a front-row view of the feeding of the penguins. These were little fellas, which reminds me of how large the bigger species are. I should have taken a photo of Ryan beside some of the stuffed emperor penguins. I am not sure which was taller.
While chasing Ryan around, I did take a couple of photos of some really interesting facts about Christchurch. I hope they come out legible.
No comments:
Post a Comment